Centre Of Intensive Care
The Intensive Care Unit at Chakradhar Hospitals, Rajahmundry is one of the largest providers of exclusive intensive care service in this region, delivering world-class and 24-hour intensive care services.
Intensive Care Unit of Chakradhar Hospitals is recognized by the ISCCM (Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine) for training Intensive Care Specialists; it has a specialized in-house training program for ICU nurses as well. Regular BLS, ALS and Trauma workshops are also conducted for all faculties.
A Rapid Response Team (Code Blue Team) is in place for a timely and appropriate response to cardiac arrests and any other medical emergencies that may occur in or outside the hospital.
The 100 bedded Intensive Care Unit of Chakradhar Hospitals has a dedicated team of Intensivists along with exclusively trained nursing and paramedical staff, which is guided by a full- time Critical Care Specialist. Intensive care unit is well equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, instruments, monitoring systems and has the following super-specialty units:
Chakradhar Hospitals specializes in dealing with all kinds of medical emergencies including renal and hepatic emergencies. A highly-trained team at the Medical ICU looks after Respiratory, Renal and Hepatic failures, GI emergencies, cancer emergencies, severe tropical infections e.g. malaria, dengue etc. Other kinds of emergencies e.g. acute poisoning and severe environmental disasters can be treated successfully at the Medical ICU.
Polytrauma including chest, abdomen and head trauma are routinely treated at JH Trauma ICU. Intensive Care specialists, surgeons, orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons interact to provide state-of-the-art care to critically ill patients.
A dedicated team of Intensivists and exclusively trained nursing and paramedical staff are guided by a full- time Critical Care Specialist with well-equipped patient centred ICU facility, which comprises of: -
- Dedicated ICU beds with 24 X 7 Intensivist coverage and Nursing Station with Central Monitoring System.
- Philips Intellivue Series and Multi Channel Monitoring System with all vital health parameters.
- Central monitoring station, Individual Head End Panels with central oxygen, suction, medical air & networking.
- 10 state-of-the-art Engstrom care stations and GE Datex Ohmeda Ventilators with advanced ventilation modes for neonates, pediatrics, and adults.
- State of the art Respironic’s BIPAP Vision non-invasive ventilatory system.
- Perfusor Space B Braun Syringe Pump for precise drug delivery.